Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A while ago I mentioned a workshop I took on Creative Live.  It really got me going.  Well it didn't get me going quickly, but it got me to redo a lot of things.  I LOVED the workshop (it was given by Kari Chapin, btw and if you're interested in reading some of her books you can find those here ) and it took me a while to remodel and rethink, but I'm pretty happy with the results.
 
My product photos were pretty boring before so I retook those.  After some trial and many errors with what I originally wanted, I kept experimenting what what I had and I ended up liking the results.  I redid my fairy (thought of getting rid of her, but I just couldn't),  I wrote up the disclosure and privacy policy (which, if you haven't, you can read here), and N-E-Things looks more cohesive across the social media sites.

Did you notice it is now N-E-things and not NE_Things?  Funny story:  during one of the chats I was lucky enough to have my comment read live and my nickname was read as Northeast Things.  Did you think that's what it was?  LOL  Let me tell you, I was in my house laughing my head off.  It was so hilarious to me because although English is my first language, it NEVER occurred to me that THAT is a way to read it.  The next day they talked about names and I wrote about what happened the day before...and again, I was lucky enough to have my comment read live.  Lucky?  Welll, of course!  I would've never realized it.  It has always been N E Things to me and it's because of what happened during the workshop that I added that extra hyphen.  Why not just change it?  Well, it's more than N E Thing meaning "anything".

I have a couple of friends with the kind of name that if you spell backwards you get a cool name.  I don't have one of those.  Enileuqcaj.  I pronounce it my way, but will anyone else pronounce it the same?  Probably not.  If I said it to soneone, would they be able to spell it?  Definitely not.  It didn't even work with my nickname although it is slightly easier to pronounce: Eikcaj.  It isn't really.  I'm just fooling myself.  LOL

So I started playing around with that and my partner's name and nickname (both ending with "n").  I wanted something that I could use that would describe the variety of things I create but that at the same time something that was personal to ME.  And that's how I ended up with N-E-Things.  Well, that's how I ended up with NE-Things until the Creative Live workshop.  LOL

I know it's kind of common compared to other business names and I know people won't know there's a meaning behind the name unless I tell them, but like I said.  It's personal to me.  It's about us.  My family.  And no matter how many times I think about it, I can't find it in my heart to change it.  =o)
 
 
Posted by N-E-Things On 11/25/2014 03:08:00 PM No comments

0 comments:

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Other Sites



Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

    Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

    Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets