Thursday, April 3, 2014



I've shared motivational quotes before but what about when you don't really have something actually motivating you?  I honestly don't think that can be.  How can someone have one or more goals yet not have any motivation?  I think there is but you just don't know it.  We all have a reason to do the things we do and to WANT to do the things we'd like to do.  

We start off with our goals.  Our SMART goals.  We're not gonna tackle any huge project without breaking it down into smaller chunks, especially if there are motivation issues.  Maybe set up small rewards for each step completed?  And a bigger reward once the final step is done.  We're also going to plan out what to do to reach those goals.  And we're also going to be positive about this whole thing, okay?  For example, instead of "I want to get in shape so that I can run without having feeling I'm going to die from a heart attack", use "I want to get in shape so that I can run and jump in the park with my son."  I never thought negativity really affects a person, but I found that it does.  Not only OUR negativity, but others as well.  Stay away from that.  I love playing Dance Central games.  Running around with my king and those games are basically the only cardio I get.  Sometimes I would think "If I play today, tomorrow I'm going to wake up with pain all over."  No.  Forget about whatever pain it's going to cause you.  Push that out of your mind.  Now I think, "If I play today, I think I can beat hidefglitch's score (or whoever passed me)".  (That may not seem positive to you, but what can I say?  I'm slightly competitive. LOL)

For every goal, there should be a "why".  Why do you want to do it?  If need be, make a list.  Frame it over your workspace.  Stick it on your bathroom mirror.  (I have daily mantras around my bathroom mirror and my vision board is hot glued to my refrigerator door).  Place it somewhere you see it all the time.  Then...prepare yourself.  Someone is going to say something about what you're doing.  Something negative probably.  Maybe not.  Maybe  temptation appears before you.  If you think about it, you probably know what these will be.  Prepare yourself with how you'll respond and prepare a general response in case it's something you didn't think of.  If you happen to make a mistake, recover and letitgo (it's one word according to TV show Reba's character Van).  DO NOT DWELL ON IT.  

In my case, with NE-Things, everything was happening slooowwwlyyy.  That's okay.  (Of course, this all depends on how time sensitive your goal is).  Don't be frustrated if it's happening slowly.  At least it's happening.  =o)

Posted by N-E-Things On 4/03/2014 09:32:00 PM No comments

0 comments:

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Other Sites



Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

    Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

    Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets