Saturday, March 15, 2014

I'm not just a crafter, I'm a craft hoarder.  If you see that as a problem or a "situation" then it only means one thing.  You're not a crafter, are you?  Once my baby started eating solids I just couldn't find myself throwing away any of the jars.  Especially because some of them had the lids with illustrations on them.  I always tried choosing jars with lids of illustrations he didn't have, but sometimes I would have to get ones he already had. It really wasn't a problem because, once opened, I put two of the same kind lids away so we can play memory when he's older. 

I saved the empty jars and reused some to store beads, broken CD/DVD pieces, to hold glue/water mixture, my color pencils while I'm drawing, regrow green onions, of course I found this and had to try it:






I don't have a picture but I made them without a problem.  Well, almost.  It took a little experimenting with the amounts poured into each jar because they kept overflowing.  (Yes, I KNOW she said many times to fill no more than half).  I'm pretty sure it was because my cake recipe rises more than boxed cake.  Pretty sure.  LOL 

Then I started searching around for more things to do with empty jars.  That's when Pinterest becomes both your friend (so many ideas) and your enemy (so much time spent there).  I have to try them all but not until I'm done with my current projects.  These are some of my favorites:


I am DYING to try chalkboard paint and this looks like the thing to try.


(source)
I think this is great!  I can't use glass around my child just yet, but maybe when he's older.  BUT, I definitely am going to decorate the lids of the jars I'm using to store my small items.


(source)
My partner really liked this one.

This is a neat idea!!


I would love to hear what you guys have done with empty jars.  If you haven't tried anything you can always check out more ideas on our Pinterest board.  And, if you just don't happen to have any jars or don't know anyone that does, you can always search Ebay where I have a some items listed.  

Posted by N-E-Things On 3/15/2014 02:59:00 PM No comments

0 comments:

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Other Sites



Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

    Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

    Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets