Tuesday, March 4, 2014

In an previous post I mentioned having created a vision board and within it I had my goals for NE-Things.  When I created goals before I wasn't exactly reaching them, but I wasn't exactly organized either.  This time around, I created SMART goals:


S - specific  (not "I want to be happy." but "I want to become a successful suspense/mystery/thriller writer.")
M - measurable  ("For me, successful means I would have sold 500 copies.")
A - attainable  ("How can I reach this goal?  What are the steps I need to take?")
R - realistic  ("Am I able to work towards this goal?  Can I actually dedicate time for this?")
T - time based  (not "Someday I'll reach this goal." but "I want to reach this goal in two years.")

The text in parentheses are just an example (have a friend who would like to write in my mind at the moment) of what you should think about when creating your SMART goals.  Remember to be specific about the goal you want to reach.  Breaking your goal down into steps allows you to be sure that you can measure your progress towards the goal and the goal is attainable.  (As much as you want to be a famous singer, if you sing like I do that goal will most likely not be met.)  It's important to be realistic about your goal - are you the right person and is it the right time to start working towards being President?  And of course setting up a timeframe will help motivate you to work towards your goal.

Something else you may also want to use are Dr. Phil's "Seven Steps To Reaching Your Goal".




I hope this post is of some help to you and most of all I hope you reach your goals!

Posted by N-E-Things On 3/04/2014 08:54:00 PM No comments

0 comments:

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Other Sites



Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

    Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

    Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets