Tuesday, February 4, 2014


I wanted to share with you the last graphic design that I made.  It was originally supposed to be a Christmas gift.  I wanted something with robots because the recipient just LOVES robots.  At first I wanted to go with a retro classic looking robot like this one:


But, I wanted the design to be a simple design because I wasn't sure what the final product was going to be.  It had to be large enough that I could put in onto a pillow, but simple enough that if it went on a keychain, you could still make out the design.



I ended up using a coloring page of these two robots.  I liked it because it already had two robots in it: one represents the father and the other represents the son.  I played with some colors that I also knew the recipient likes. For the UFO toy, I used the colors in the palette along with a patterned overlay just to make it look a little different because the main subjects were the robots.  I used binary code to display a message.  The only thing is that they came out very small.  I could've placed the numbers  without any line breaks,but I wanted  it to be easy for the recipient to translate if he chose to.  To make up for the size, on the back of the product I repeated the message on its own.  Once the robots were done, I created the Polaroid effect.  The "handwriting" was done by a one year old (the baby 'bot) tapping on the keyboard.




I worked on this quite  a while because I wanted it to be a certain way.  I didn't know what grays to use, which palette to use, nor was I sure what was the final look I wanted.  I didn't know what to do for the wall or the floor.  But after, hours and hours and days and days of work, I have to admit I was pretty satisfied with the outcome.  I actually really enjoy it because although it's a simple coloring page picture, it has meaning.  It symbolizes something.  That's always a plus.  I've always loved coloring books, but who knew I'd end up using a page like this? 

Posted by N-E-Things On 2/04/2014 01:36:00 PM No comments

0 comments:

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Other Sites



Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

    Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

    Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets