Thursday, February 27, 2014

I wanted to write a little something about what I shared with an acquaintance.  I'll call her Sally.  Well, Sally and I are not exactly acquaintances that just met, but we're also not exactly friends.  We worked together many, many years ago and kept in contact through Facebook.  There's nothing more than the usual interaction within the posts and photos.  Sometimes, we communicate through the chat.  Usually just to touch up on something we may have read in the news feed.

Well recently she wrote me just to ask how I keep going.  Writes that she knows I have my child and that should be reason enough, but how do I keep going?  At first I had no idea what she was talking about.  I even want back through my profile page to see if I can figure out what she was talking about.  But I had to ask her to clarify.  Sally reads my posts, reads about the projects I want to do, how I start and something happens so I have to stop.  She says she reads about obstacles that I come across, "missions" I have to go through sometimes.  That she knows other people have "real challenges like healthwise" they face so they have a reason to keep going because if not they won't be "ok", but if I don't keep going I'll be fine.

"Like people that has cancer they can't just give up so they has to fight.  Or people that fight so they're not homeless.  But you are healthy thank god and you have a place to live.  I know the things you want to do but I see how it's hard for you to do them so why keep trying?  I don't mean it's bad.  I just want to know because there are things I want to do but sometimes something gets hard and I quit.  What for?  It doesn't matter anyways because I'll be ok  and my daughter will be ok anyways.  You need to give me some of your go-power.  jajaja" 


I loved that: my "go-power".  Sally's right.  If I don't reach my goals, we'll be okay.  We'll have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, and clothes over our bodies.  My child will love me whether or not I reach my goals.  So, why continue?  When I was young I was talking to my father.  I don't remember what about, but I remember I said the words "I quit" and my father sternly, loudly but not quite yelling said, "Don't you EVER say that again."  I remember trying to ask what was it that I said and but he continued with "You DO NOT quit".  I thought to myself (was too scared to say it out loud) "ooooookaaaaay" and I left.  My father was a quiet man so when he raised his voice it that was one of those situations were they just stick with you.


(photo source)

As I got older I went by "Never live with the 'What if...?'"  I realized it's the worst thing a person could do to themselves.  You don't want to reach a point in your life where you ask yourself "What if I WOULD'VE done that?"  You owe it to yourself to at least try.  Then once you try, if you reach an obstacle, you owe it to yourself to try again.  When you feel you reach a major wall, stand back, reassess the situation and goal, collect yourself, and try again.  Why do I keep trying?  Because I don't want to reach a certain point in my life or an age where i ask myself "What if I didn't quit?  What would've happened?"  I want to teach my child to keep going.  I want to be able to tell him I kept trying.  There will be a point where some things are just not possible and a person has to be smart enough to see when that point is reached.  For now, I haven't reached it because all of my obstacles and challenges  I can face and overcome with time.  Time passes, but my time isn't up yet.  ;)



Posted by N-E-Things On 2/27/2014 09:15:00 PM No comments

0 comments:

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Other Sites



Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

    Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

    Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets